If you have been considering investing in a call center for your business, it is important to know the distinction between the two types. Call centers are separated into inbound and outbound, depending on what type of service you are looking for. Here is some more insight on the two types of call centers, starting with Inbound.
An inbound call center simply means that the call center is receiving calls rather than taking them. Customers make phone calls to companies all of the time when they want to do things like inquire about a product, set an appointment, or need tech support for a device they purchased.
Types of Inbound Calls
There are several types of inbound calls, but some are more common than others. Here are four of the most common types of inbound calls:
- Customer Service: These calls are based around offering customer support. When a customer calls with questions or concerns about a product or service, call center employees will address them.
- Tech Support: With these types of inbound calls, IT experts are the ones used to help answer any technical questions. This could be for anything from computers to smartphones.
- Help Desk: A help desk is for inquiries about a brand or company that a customer is interested in.
- Inbound Sales: This is when a customer calls to order a product or service from a business. The representative will take and place their order accordingly.
Types of Businesses
Businesses get several phone calls every day, which can take up a lot of time. Because of this, call centers are beneficial for a variety of businesses. Here are some common types of businesses that utilize inbound call centers:
- Emergency Hotlines: The US government uses an inbound call center service for their 24/7 emergency hotlines. These are the numbers people call when an emergency occurs.
- Medical Offices: Doctors offices and hospitals also benefit from inbound call centers as well. This is great to use for setting appointments as well as answering inquiries.
- Retail & Restaurants: Retail stores and restaurants receive calls all day long inquiring about products and table reservations. An inbound call center addresses these calls.
Contact TeleRep Today for Your Call Center Services!
TeleRep knows how important live chat, call center services, and alarm monitoring are to your business. We are well known for our professionalism and excellent customer service when dealing with your valued customers. Let your customers know you care, right now, with live chat services. To learn how TeleRep can help set your business apart, contact us online or give us a call at 1-800-638-2000. To see more examples of what we’ve done, follow us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.