Whether your business is big or small, there’s a high probability that you could benefit from call center services. Call centers streamline customer inquiries, reach out to new clients to make sales, and everything in between. However, what are the key differences between inbound and outbound call centers?
What Does an Inbound Call Center Do?
When you need your customers to call in to your business, an inbound call center is best. An inbound center would be the first place a customer calls when an item is missing from their order or they have a question about one of your products. This type of call center service is often associated with customer service. These call centers are vital to ensuring that every customer has a great experience, so they are a popular choice for businesses to outsource.
The primary types of inbound call center work include:
- Customer Service: Returns, updating client information, answering questions, addressing customer feedback
- Technical Support: Help desk support, troubleshooting errors
- Sales: Customers calling to place an order
- Renewal or Upgrade Calls: Customers who are interested in changing, upgrading, or renewing their service or product
What Does an Outbound Call Center Do?
As the opposite of an inbound call center, an outbound call center will make calls out of your business to reach prospects, call existing clients to make sales, and more. These call center services can include cold calling, sales calls for people already in your sales funnel, or offering special discounts to customers.
The main types of outbound call center work include:
- Scheduling a Consultation or Appointment: Proactively scheduling appointment times for leads and prospective customers
- Lead Generation: Generating leads
- Telemarketing: The most common type of cold calling and used to sell a variety of things, solicit donations, and more
- Market Research or Surveys: Informational calls to learn more about the person being called
Experience the Benefits of Call Center Services from TeleRep
Whether you need help with an inbound call center or an outbound call center, TeleRep is here to help. If you still have more questions, our trained professionals are ready to answer them. We know how important customer feedback is to you and your business, so let them know that you care with an answering service. To learn how TeleRep can help you today, visit us online or give us a call at 1-800-638-2000. To keep up with our work and to see what we have been up to, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.